Thursday, December 19, 2013

Barcelona!

Barcelona!

On my trip to Barcelona it was a rush to see everything and to do nothing. After 2 weekends in a row of traveling I was pretty over: traveling, museums, tours, and over priced food. So Barcelona being the most art enthusiastic/expensive city in Spain was definitely not the place for me especially since I was feeling a cold coming on. But even so, I had a fantastic time in the city and I think that it is marvelous how in love with art the Catalonians are. So far it is my favorite city in Spain. 

Parque Güell by Antonio Goudí





La Sagrada Familia Basilica by Antonio Gaudí

The most famous basilica in Barcelona and one of the most famous ones in all of Europe. This Basilica has been under construction since 1882. Gaudí died during the construction of this project. They are mixing old and new architecture on it. I like the old parts of the basilica, but personally I think it looks weird the way it is both old and new construction. They are trying to make it look like the old constructed parts of the building, but that is impossible. 





Fountain Show





Exploring Barcelona







We got a fish pedicure in the mall in Barcelona and everyone decided to watch the crazy Americans squirm








The Mediterranean 




It's weird to see the ocean while dark is setting in and not see the sunset over the water

No comments:

Post a Comment