Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Crepes and the Eiffel Tower


Crepes and the Eiffel Tower

On my first night in Paris my friends and I decided to go get dinner and see if we could find our way to the Eiffel Tower to catch the light show. 


Here I am pouring the wine like any good servers would do. (I am the designated wine pourer. Everyone else seems to spill it.) Also, we are not sitting on the same side of the table just for the picture. When people in France sit outside to eat they sit with their backs against the buildings so they can watch what is going on in the streets. People watching is the national sport in France. 


This was seriously the 1st steak I have had since I was in America. We weren't planning to eat at this place, but the guy at our hotel gave us directions to the wrong place, so we just picked any place to eat. We were all about ready to kill someone for a tictac we were so hungry. 


Here I am waiting for the metro in the Metro Station Franklin D. Roosevelt. Us being stupid Americans thought it was funny that this was the Metro Station's name. 


This man played the accordion for us as we rode to the Eiffel Tower. I don't know anything about the accordion, but I do know that there aren't a lot of time I can say I really truly enjoyed the accordion by itself, but this time was definitely one of them.


We got off the metro at the stop we thought would take us right to the Eiffel Tower, but when we got off we couldn't see it. So we started to panic a little bit because the Eiffel Tower is quite large and we thought we would be able to see it right away. Then we turned the corner of the building and this is what we saw in front of us. It was spectacular.


The Eiffel Tower really is lovely. People always tell you that it is amazing, and so I thought that it was something that was over hyped and I could potentially be disappointed by it, but I wasn't at all. It was definitely breath taking.


I really like these pictures because I look superimposed. Also, My friends are taking pictures in the background of the bottom picture in front of the tower.  



And there was a crepe stand right by where we were taking pictures. It was the best crepe I have ever had. It felt extremely french to watch the light show of the Eiffel Tower and eat a crepe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment