Monday, January 6, 2014

Whiskey, Music, and Dancing

Whiskey, Music, and Dancing

On our last full day in Dublin Eric and I toured the Old Jameson Distillery. This was a fun tour. I liked the tour of Guinness better, just because I felt it wasn’t just another tour, but I surprisingly liked the Jameson tour, you know being such a big fan of whiskey, NOT! I learned a lot about whiskey and what separates out different types of whiskeys and the difference between that and a scotch. I really love learning about alcohol. It makes me an even bigger alcohol snob. But that’s ok. And by the end of the tour with our drink I actually learned I like Jameson.


This is the 1st barrel ever used to age Jameson. Now it is a bench outside the distillery. 


Jameson was super festive with their Jameson Tree and (in this picture you can only see a little bit of it) the Jameson Chandelier. 


The stills used in the triple distilled whiskey. Scotches and most North American whiskeys are distilled only twice.





The aging process. They age the different types of whiskey in different types of barrels to bring out certain flavors. The darker liquids have been aging longer. 


Eric volunteered to taste Jameson against a scotch and another whiskey (jack daniels). Jameson won the taste test across the board.


A little Jameson holiday spirit!


I found my drink!! Jameson, ginger ale, and lime. Delicious!!


Just trying to enjoy my drink...



These are on crosswalks in busy areas for all the tourist. This definitely saved my life.
I just really liked this sign


That night we went to a traditional Irish music and dancing show. The band was great and all the members were all so fun and lively, only proving more to me that the Irish are awesome. And the dancing was amazing. The Irish prove the stereotype that white people can’t dance wrong. It was a super fun night full of music, dancing, and of course no night in Ireland is complete without a couple pints of Guinness.
(sorry about the color in all of these. That's just how the lighting was that night)




Great Band! Really fun. All had awesome personalities. 



I enjoyed the band even more after 2 of these...


This is a traditional Irish drum called the bodhrán the musician plays it with a beater that has a feather end.


The dancing was amazing and a little frightening because Eric and I were in the very front. When they kicked we could feel the air rushing passed our faced. But beside impending dome it was awesome.





No comments:

Post a Comment